For a healthy heart, here are your 10 commandments:
- Thou should reduce sugary drinks and alcohol but rather drink water or drinks with reduced sugar content.
- Thou shall go for fruits, eating at least 5 portions(portion~ hand full) of fruits and vegetables per day
- Thou shall reduce consumption of substances rich in salt, and fats.
- Thou shall maintain moderate physical exercise of 30 minutes, 5 times per week or intense physical exercise of 1 hour 3 times per week, this can be done with friends and/or family members to keep you motivated.
- Thou must endeavor to have a normal weight( Body mass index(BMI) between 18.5 and 24.9 kg/m²)
- Thou must control your blood pressure so as to maintain it below 140/90mmHg and consult a doctor if need be.
- Thou must monitor your blood sugar level to maintain it below 1.10g/l
- Thou must respect: no tobacco of any form and avoid coming in contact with smoke produced from tobacco.
- After 35 years, thou should consult a doctor before initiating physical exercise.
10.Thou must signal to your doctor every chest pain, respect appointments and prescription orders.
That brings us to some little promises you can make for your heart
- I promise to reduce my sugar and alcohol intake
- I promise to exercise regularly
- I promise to reduce my salt intake and eat healthier
- I promise to stop tobacco
- I promise to do regular checkups with my health care team
- I promise to take my medications consistently and correctly
Be a #HeartHero, make a promise
#NoCVD (Cardiovascular disease)
Don’t forget to share this post!