Nasal sprays are commonly used for cold and allergies. Using one is quite simple
- Clear the nose of all mucus by gently blowing
- Open and shake the spray bottle many times before use
- While keeping your head upright, block one nostril with your finger
- Insert the tip of spray into the other nostril (best if directed to back of the nose, not the tip), press down as you breathe in slowly through the nose
- Repeat process with the other nostril
- Use medication as directed by doctor and drug label
- Some medications may leave a bitter taste, drinking some water will help
- Overuse of nose sprays (except saline solutions) could damage the inside of the nose so it best not exceed the recommended days of use as directed.
Don’t forget to share this post!
About the author
Dr. Ekwoge Hilda is a trained pharmacist from Cameroon and Co-founder of HILPharma. When she is not busy creating content, she slings pills to pay the bills.