Survival of species overtime comes with their ability to get food. Humans are not different so breast milk is that which a newborn needs for survival with warmth and care. Young mothers will be anxious to what benefits are there for both them and their bundle of joy.
Also fathers are not left out
The breast is for the father and the milk for the babyDr. Amani Adidja
This is to say the father cannot be left out of the process of breastfeeding. He is an integral part.
I breastfed my first baby and decided to breastfeed my second because breastfeeding is cheap, keeps my baby healthy, creates a special bond between my baby and I (the look while breastfeeding feels like she’s saying thank you for the sacrifice, you are my life saver and i won’t trade that for nothing.) Moreover it is the new cool for slaying moms– Amabo Emmy (mother of 2)
Here are the 13 reasons (there are many more, but just so we have a numbered blog title and i thought of the number 13) why breastfeeding is good for you and your baby
- Cost: it’s way cheaper and most effective to breast feed
- You bond better with your baby when breastfeeding
- Your baby has a balanced diet at the right temperature
- It is the first form of vaccine for your baby
- You want smarter kids? There is more intelligence in breastfed babies as compared to those fed by baby formula milk
- Your baby grows with a healthy weight with lesser chances of getting obese in future
- Reduced chances of your baby getting sick (lesser risk of infections)
- Decreased risk of disease later in life; diabetes, cancer especially prostrate cancer
- In the few days after birth, breastfeeding will help your uterus regain its original shape and reduce bleeding.
- A mother who breastfeeds is less likely to suffer from depression after birth. How? breastfeeding stimulates the release of the happy hormone called oxytocin…it helps you feel sleepy and relaxed.
- Breastfeeding burns between 500-600 calories a day, that means eventually breastfeeding will help the mother to lose the extra weight acquired during the pregnancy.
- When a mother breastfeeds the baby on demand for at least 30 mins per feed without the return of her menses, it serves as a natural contraception method.
- Breastfeeding lowers the risk of breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and weakening of bones (osteoporosis).
A breastfed baby is a happy and healthy baby
Here is a good book i recommend you read on all you should know about breast feeding by Dr. Adidja Amani and Dr. Hassanatou Iyawa
Happy breast feeding week
Don’t forget to share this post!